***** EXCITING DEVELOPMENT – BRAND NEW FACILITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION *****
Meath Care is committed to providing the highest quality of care and accommodation for its residents. As a result Como is currently undergoing on-site renovations for a 130 bed state of the art facility. Once the development has been completed the current residents will be moved into the new building.
Located in Henley Street, nestled between leafy streets and the scenic surrounds of Collier Park golf course, Meath Care Como offers quality residential accommodation for older people.
The current facility is made up of a cluster of 3 houses, containing 38 spacious private rooms, which all look out onto beautifully maintained garden areas. There is a variety of seating in each garden for residents and visitors to enjoy.
Each house is attractively furnished throughout to create a home like atmosphere. Within each house there is a dining room, lounge area and seating nooks where residents can meet with family and friends. There is also a beautifully furnished ‘quiet room’ available for residents and families who would prefer privacy, for a chat or to play a quiet game of scrabble, cards etc.
The facility caters for dementia specific secure needs in an ageing in place environment. Respite care is also offered subject to availability.
- Single Rooms
- Sliding door access to secure garden areas
- Telephone access
- Foxtel can be arranged, subject to availability
- A choice of meals, from menus developed in conjunction with dieticians and prepared on site, providing the highest quality and variety for our residents
- Nurse call system
- 24hr registered nurses
- Pastoral care
- Occupational therapist
- Extensive activity and leisure program offered for those who wish to participate in activities
- On-site personal laundry services
The management and staff have created a caring, positive and interactive community for all older people. The facility is designed to help our residents live life well and enjoy their surroundings.
Please refer to accommodation pricing for further details.
Applying for Residential Care
To apply for residency at Meath Care applicants need to:
- Complete an Application for Admission.
- Provide a completed and current ACAT assessment.
- Provide a completed and current Centrelink or Dept of Veterans Affairs Assets and Income Assessment.
It is recommended that applicants read the booklet “Five Steps to Entry into Residential Aged Care” published by the Department of Health and Ageing.
Our Admissions Coordinator is happy to provide tours of the facility (by appointment only). To book an appointment please contact us.